Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm Sick, You're Sick, We're All Sick of Being Sick...

This week has been a pretty quiet one. I'll just jot down a few memorable points.

1) On Sunday, we decided that Anna's cold was too nasty to take her to nursery, so we all went to Sacrament Meeting, but Daddy brought Anna home for "Nursery at Home." She and Daddy got to play playdough and sing some songs and eat some lunch. They came back to pick us up from the church, and it worked out perfectly because we walked straight in the door and put Anna to bed. If only every Sunday could have naptimes work out so smoothly.

2) Mariah has been sick this week, too. On Tuesday, she woke up in the middle of her afternoon nap with a terrible coughing fit, so after she fell back asleep I immediately went online and did an hour's worth of research about Croup. Of course, it turned out to just be a typical dry, hacking cough because of her runny nose, but I am now armed for any future croupiness. The upside to being so well-prepared is that if it ever happens, I won't go into immediate, middle-of-the-night panic mode. The downside is that I wasted an hour when I could have been doing something more useful with my naptime freedom. Like playing Peggle on MSN games. Hey, we all have our weaknesses. *sigh*

3) Adam and I stayed up until nearly 1:00 A.M. on Wednesday night playing Peggle. Yes, you can all tell us that was stupid, but we already know that, and we've been paying for it for two days already, so we don't need any more convincing. Sometimes it's just nice to have the freedom to do something stupid like that. Both girls were sleeping better than they have in a while, so we celebrated.

4) The really big news for the week is that we've decided to start thinking about buying a house again. With interest rates going down, we are thinking we might actually be able to afford one without moving all the way to Spokane. The question is always "Should we wait 'til prices drop more, or should we do it now in case things go back up?" At this point, it's all just talk. The only real result has been that we've decided not to do any more big spending until we are sure about what our plans are. For those of you who know us well, you know that Tax Return season is the time when our house gets outfitted with all the moderately big stuff we haven't bought through the rest of the year... like a new TV or new carpet. I love tax season for just that reason. Well this year, all that money is going straight to the bank, which means no new TV, no new carpet, and no snowboard (Adam is crying even as we speak). We even talked about returning my sewing machine, but I don't think we want to deal with that. So, while you all go out spending your tax returns, think of poor little us, sitting in our house and watching our 15-year-old, 21" TV, and say, "Sheesh, I'm glad that's not me." But hey, it's all for a good cause, right? It's worth giving up all the new TV's in the world to even have hope that the time may come soon when I don't have to carry Mariah, Anna, and six bags of groceries the entire 27 miles and 13 flights of stairs between our parking spot and our front door. (That's a bit of an exaggeration, but think about when I was pregnant a few months ago, and that's how it FELT.)

5) Anna and I watched a movie about learning to use the potty this morning, and although she's not ready for it today, I'm hoping she'll start getting idea. Cross your fingers for me. Oh, and her favorite toys this week have been the two big exercise balls that I got for Christmas two years ago, so thanks to Mom and Mom-in-law for presents with multiple uses. I never knew inflating and deflating a ball could be SO much fun. Heh.

I can't think of anything else fun this week. I can't get to our camera right now because it's locked in Anna's room while she's napping, but if I find any cute pictures later, I'll post them. Have a terrific week!

No comments: